UAS Traffic Management is a subject undergoing intense study worldwide. It is extremely hard to monitor given the rapid development of new technologies and the proliferation of regulatory initiatives. This session will cover several major UTM initiatives with a focus on the European Union, Japan, Singapore, and the United States. It will provide the necessary framework from a regulatory and technical perspective to further discuss priorities and interoperability needs during the rest of the conference.
- How is UTM defined? What are its goals?
- How are research agencies and authorities collaborating toward the creation of a UTM system?
- How is the industry integrated in research and development activities?
- What is the role of test sites and demonstrators?
- What should participants keep in mind when discussing the future of UTM?