This panel will debate the future development of UTM services and the evolution of the underlying technologies. We will address the technology requirements for more complex and dense air traffic. Representatives of NASA, NexGen (FAA), and the major testing sites will talk about testing and validation processes – an important step towards automation and scalability.
The panel will be moderated by Andy Thurling, VP of Airspace Innovation at DroneUp, and will feature:
- Joseph Rios, Chief Technologist for the Aviation Systems Division at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA);
- Kenneth Stewart, President & CEO at NUAIR;
- John Coggin, Associate Director at the Virginia Tech Mid-Atlantic Aviation Partnership;
- Steve Bradford, Chief Scientist for Architecture and NextGen Development at the Office of NextGen, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA);
- Benjamin Pelletier, Technical Steering Committee Chair at the InterUSS Platform