Please be aware that we may update and change any part or all of these event Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying you first. The updated Terms and Conditions will become effective and binding on the next business day after it is posted. We also reserve the right to change the date, agenda or content for the event at our discretion.
Attendees Terms and Conditions
- Registration for an event has to be done in the manner determined by Global UTM Association (GUTMA). All bookings made prior to the event must be paid in full to guarantee registration. The registration for the event is completed once, GUTMA confirms the registration in writing through a manual- or auto-generated acknowledgement email. If payment is not made at the time of booking, registration will be provisional. GUTMA reserves the right to accept or deny a participant’s registration.
- In order to qualify for any ‘early bird’ rates, booking and payment must be received before the deadline date listed in the event marketing material and/ or registration form. Within a certain period before the event, only ‘late bird’ rates are applied, as listed in the event marketing material and/ or registration form.
- While every reasonable effort will be made to adhere to the conference elements as informed, GUTMA reserves the right to change event dates, location/sites, and dietary options or omit event features, as it deems necessary and in such situations no refunds (full or partial) or alternative offers shall be given to the participant or his/her organization. GUTMA also reserves the right to cancel the event, in which case the participant will be notified by email two weeks prior to the event date and the registration fee will be fully refunded; GUTMA will not accept liability for any losses and/or damages registered participants may suffer due to event alteration/cancellation.
- Participants must arrange adequate travel, personal liability and health insurance prior to the event. GUTMA is not responsible for the participant’s hotel booking.
- Participation in any event organized by GUTMA is at the risk of the participant. GUTMA will not be responsible for any incident that happens to the participant during the event or while travelling to/from the event; neither is GUTMA liable for damage to or loss of the participant’s belongings during the event.
- On-site registrations are not possible.
- The participant acknowledges that the obligation of GUTMA to organize the event is not an obligation to achieve any result for the participant. Views expressed by speakers are their own. GUTMA cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the event or in any material provided to participants.
- GUTMA reserves the right to expel a participant from further participation in an event should GUTMA, at its sole discretion, deem the participant’s behaviour inappropriate or offensive to other participants, or to GUTMA staff. No refund of the registration fee will be given to a participant who has been expelled from the event.
- GUTMA reserves the right to hire or contract third parties to co-organize or organize parts of the event. The general terms and conditions of such third parties may also apply to the participants.
- Apart from the content of these terms and conditions, all information, guidelines, policies and rules as provided on the website concerning events are applicable to the events and to participants in those events.
- GUTMA reserves the right to use comments made, or evaluations provided by the participant for the purposes of publicity and promoting its products and services. For promotional purposes, there may be a professional photographer, and/ or video production, and/ or online live streaming taking place during the event. Participants who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event.
- GUTMA is allowed to publish the name, organisation, country, position, and email address of the participant, as well as a business summary on a list of participants for its event and share attendees details with event sponsors for marketing purposes, and to all attendees for them to see who is at the event for the purpose of networking and meetings. Participants who do not wish to be included on this list should advise at email@example.com .
- Neither the participant nor the participant’s organization is allowed to distribute materials that promote any organization/activity. The participant needs to contact GUTMA staff (not the helpers) to seek permission, if he/she intends to distribute any material during the event.
- GUTMA will refund tickets minus a € 50.- payment handling fee for any refund requests submitted minimum ten days before the event. Any refund requests made less than ten days before the event cannot be refunded, however tickets may be transferred to another attendee. Participants may nominate an alternative person from their organisation to attend up to 24 hours prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. All substitutions and cancellations must be received in writing.
- Participants should advise GUTMA of any special access requirements and dietary restrictions at the time of registration.
- Registration information will be sent to registered participants by email at least seven days prior to the event. Any participant not receiving the registration information should contact GUTMA by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Speakers Terms & Conditions
- GUTMA may use the speaker’s name, photo, bio and presentation materials for promoting the conference.
- Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations will not be returned unless specifically requested by the author. The materials must be objective and completely free of advertising and commercialism.
- GUTMA may audio and/or video tape, and/or live stream online the speaker’s session and the recording may be reproduced and distributed or sold as part of the overall event materials. This allows participants to purchase audio/video copies of presentations that they may have been unable to attend.
- GUTMA may reproduce copies of the speaker’s presentation (eg. PowerPoint slides, PDFs or supporting handouts) on paper and/or electronically and these may be distributed or sold as part of the overall hand-out materials during and after the event. Any acknowledgement regarding Copyright or support should be included at the end of the abstract/presentation, as these will be distributed to the event participants.
- Speakers who do not wish to give permission for the above terms and conditions, please email email@example.com before the commencement of the event.
- The event and associated GUTMA websites may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, for which GUTMA takes no responsibility. Neither can responsibility be taken for contents of any website linking to this website.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact the GUTMA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org .